Live Music Portland
Live Music Portland – There is no shortage of live entertainment and music in Portland to please everyone’s taste and style. Whether it’s live Portland blues music, to punk rock bands in Portland, there are concerts and bands playing all over town. Portland music venues range from small hole-in-the-wall dive bars, to grand concert arenas. The live music Portland scene is going strong in a city that celebrates individuality, creativity, and self expression. Find the best Portland live music using our handy guide.
Live Music Portland Oregon – Portland Music Venues Map
View Larger Map
Live Music Portland
Here are your Portland bars, clubs, and neighborhood hang-outs all featuring live music in Portland. You can usually find live music 7 nights a week someplace in town. Visit the club’s websites for the latest information on Portland music events. Listed below are some of our popular live music venues in Portland. But, there are probably hundreds more local bars and restaurants where you can catch a show in town. Portland celebrates music in many ways.
- Aladdin Theater – 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. Portland, OR 97255. This Portland concert hall has a long and storied history, and is now one of the best places to see a Portland concert in town. Aladdin TICKETS (503) 233-1994 www.aladdin-theater.com/
- Berbati’s Pan – 231 SW Ankeny St. Portland, OR 97204. Berbati’s greek restaurant and nightclub draws live Portland music including both local and national acts. Berbatis TICKETS (503) 248-4579 www.berbati.com
- Bonfire Lounge – 2821 SE Stark St. Portland, OR 97214 (503) 232-3704 www.bonfirepdx.com . Known for their happy hours with cheap eats, and cocktails.
- Candlelight Cafe – 2032 SW Fifth Ave. Portland, OR 97201. A nice cozy Portland hangout with live music 7 nights a week, with no cover! (503) 222-3378
- Dante’s – 1 SW 3rd Ave. Portland, OR 97204. Dantes used to be dark, dingy, and cave-like but since a recent remodel it seems a much nicer Portland music venue. They feature a wide range of musical acts. (503) 226-6630 www.danteslive.com/
- Doug Fir – 830 E Burnside St. Portland, OR 97214. The Doug Fir is a classic Portland nightclub with the unique log cabin-slash-jetsons decor that is indescribable and yet totally Portland. Doug Fir’s basement music venue is cozy and a wonderful place to spend an evening catching a show with great Portland band or two. (503) 231-9663 www.dougfirlounge.com
- Eastburn – 1800 E Burnside Portland, OR 97214. Featuring an awesome year round patio, with swing-set style seats, Eastburn is a wonderful place to spend an evening in Portland. (503) 236-2876 www.theeastburn.com
- Fez Ballroom – 316 SW 11th Ave. Portland, OR 97205. ” Fez Ballroom and Lounge, located in downtown Portland, is one of the premier showcase venues for live Portland music and DJs in the city. Featuring weekly and monthly dance parties, along with performances by some of the worlds best live bands and DJs as well as the best in local performers; Fez Ballroom has been proud to host performances by: Bobby Previte’s Bump, Dead Prez, Domu, Fred Frith, Garaj Mahal, Gary Jules, J. Live, John Beltran, Living Daylights, Nicola Conte, Om Trio, Seiji, Theivery Corp., Ursula 1000, Zion I, Zony Mash, and many more!” (From fezballroom.com) (503) 221-7262 www.fezballroom.com/
- Goodfoot Lounge – 2845 SE Stark St. Portland, OR 97214. Featuring live music from bluegrass string bands, to soul/funk/jazz performances, the Goodfoot is a classic live Portland music venue. (503) 239-9292 www.thegoodfoot.com
- Hawthorne Theatre – 1507 SE 39th Ave. Portland, OR 97214. The Hawthorne theatre is an all-ages club. Live music shows includes genres: Rock, Reggae, Indie, Punk, Pop, Metal, Country, Performance Art and more. (503) 233-7100 www.hawthornetheatre.com
- McMenamin’s Crystal Ballroom – 1332 W Burnside St. Portland, OR 97209. With the “dance on air” theme, you really can bounce up and down on the unique floating hardwood floors in this locally famous Portland music venue. Crystal Ballroom TICKETS (503) 225-0047 www.mcmenamins.com
- Mississippi Studios – 3939 N Mississippi Ave. Portland, OR 97227. An intimate and wonderful place to spend an evening, Mississippi studios is a popular Portland music venue to catch a live show in NE Portland. (503) 288-3895 www.mississippistudios.com
- Rotture – 315 SE 3rd Ave. Portland, OR 97214 (503) 234-5683 www.rotture.com . Intimate venue, good place to catch a wide variety of life music Portland shows.
- Satyricon – 125 NW 6th Ave. Portland, OR 97209 (503) 224-4400
- Someday Lounge – 125 NW 5th Ave. Portland, OR 97253. Featuring live Portland music as well as performance art. (503) 248-1030 www.somedaylounge.com The Artistery – 4315 SE Division St Portland, OR 97206. The Artistery is an intentional art community that encourages all creative forms, including music. (503) 803-5942 www.artistery.net
- Tonic Lounge – 3100 NE Sandy Blvd. Portland, OR 97232 (503) 238-0543
- Valentine’s – 232 SW Ankeny St, Portland, OR 97253. Dark, intimate, lounge with an art vibe. (503) 248-1613
- White Eagle Saloon – 836 N Russell St Portland, OR 97227. The White Eagle is a McMenamin’s bar and restaurant, with a haunted hotel upstairs. Really. This is a cool place to spend an evening listening to your favorite rock or bluegrass concert in Portland. (503) 282-6810 www.mcmenamins.com
- Wonder Ballroom – 128 NE Russell St Portland, OR 97212. This former Hibernian hall is another great Portland music venue for a more intimate concert than some of the larger Portland venues. Located in NE Portland right next to some great restaurants. Wonder Ballroom TICKETS (503) 284-8686 Classical Portland Music Events This list covers the mainstream cultural Portland music events and Portland music venues.
If you enjoy the opera or symphony, then Portland won’t disappoint you, and if your taste leans towards something less mainstream, then Portland has that too.
Purchase Concert Tickets
Portland Opera Portland Symphony Portland Baroque Orchestra Portland Symphonic Choir Portland Taiko Chamber Music Northwest Portland Rose Garden Arena – Portland Rose Quarter
Portland Rose Quarter
The home to the big Portland music venues, the Rose Quarter and Rose Garden Arena packs in the big tickets and big names in music when they come to Portland.
If you are looking for more ideas, visit our Things to Do in Portland page. Are we missing your Portland music venues from this page? No problem, just contact us so we can add it, or add your own event to the Portland Oregon events calendar. Looking for the freshest live music in Portland? Join our online Portland social network and you’ll get the weekly Portland events rundown posted on the blog each weekend so you’ll always know what’s going on in Portland. And, if you’re a band or club owner, you can even add your own live music shows to our calendar yourself. Moving to Portland? Want to make new Portland friends or ask questions about your Portland neighborhood?