Portland Area Local News
- 'Null and void': Baker County judge tosses out Oregon Gov. Brown's coronavirus restrictionson May 18, 2020 at 11:38 pm
Brown said she would immediately appeal the ruling to the state Supreme Court to try to keep the emergency orders in effect.
- Oregon coronavirus updates May 18: Judge throws out Gov. Brown's restrictionson May 18, 2020 at 10:14 pm
As COVID-19 continues to impact Oregon and Southwest Washington, Get the latest updates here.
- Seaside reopens beach, parks, trailson May 18, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Even though reopening is an easing of COVID-19 restrictions, city officials still recommend people practice social distancing and wear face coverings.
- Coronavirus cases at Oregon State Penitentiary surge as 103 inmates test positiveon May 18, 2020 at 10:07 pm
COVID cases have been steadily growing at the Salem prison in May.
- Still haven't voted in Oregon's primary? Don't worry, you've got optionson May 18, 2020 at 10:02 pm
If you haven't dropped off your ballot for the Oregon primary election on Tuesday, you still have time. Here's a list of options for making sure your vote counts.
- Oregon reports first COVID-19 death in four dayson May 18, 2020 at 9:40 pm
The state’s coronavirus death toll is now 138.
- Man kills mother of grandchild, then fatally shoots himself in Kelsoon May 18, 2020 at 8:57 pm
The victim had dropped her 7-year-old child off with the shooter's son just before she was killed, according to police.
- Miss going to the movies? The Newberg drive-in is reopening this weekendon May 18, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Don't expect to just drive up and get in, though. This is a reservation-only event. The drive-in will start accepting email reservations at 8 p.m. Monday.
- Remembering the deadly Mount St. Helens eruption 40 years agoon May 18, 2020 at 7:40 pm
The deadliest volcanic eruption in U.S. history happened in Washington state on May 18, 1980. Fifty-seven people were killed.
- Your guide for the Oregon primary election May 19, 2020on May 15, 2020 at 3:58 am
Top Portland races include Mayor Ted Wheeler running for reelection and former mayor Sam Adams vying for Commissioner Chloe Eudaly’s city council seat.