Portland Area Local News
- Search-and-rescue teams worry Clackamas Sheriff's plan puts them out of businesson February 17, 2020 at 5:04 am
Following a comprehensive study and a look at best practices for Search and Rescue across the state, Clackamas County will be creating and using its own SAR team.
- Tanker overturns on Highway 22, spills fuel into North Santiam Riveron February 17, 2020 at 4:55 am
Highway 22 is closed east of Detroit through Sunday night.
- Watch: Celebration of Life for Portland City Commissioner Nick Fishon February 17, 2020 at 4:33 am
A Celebration of Life honoring Portland Commissioner Nick Fish is scheduled for Sunday at 3 p.m. at Portland State University.
- Highway 35 reopens after six-vehicle crashon February 17, 2020 at 3:08 am
The crash happened on Highway 35, about one mile east of the intersection with US-26. Oregon State Police said there were no injuries.
- Police arrest one of two suspects in North Portland tow yard robbery and assaulton February 17, 2020 at 1:48 am
Nicole Penagos-Clare, 24, was arrested and booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center. Police are still looking for the man she was with.
- Police bust burglary ring that targeted marijuana businesses in Washington, Oregonon February 17, 2020 at 1:47 am
While serving a search warrant in Salem on Friday, officers found 16 firearms, $33,000 in cash and 30 pounds of marijuana, among other items.
- Three men shot overnight; 80 shootings in Portland this year, police sayon February 17, 2020 at 1:46 am
The shooting victims are expected to survive.
- A bird’s-eye view of TriMet’s new light rail projecton February 17, 2020 at 1:36 am
The Southwest Corridor Light Rail Project, which would cost almost $3 billion, promises a public transit commute from Portland to Tualatin in 30 minutes.
- 'A fresh start': Nonprofit gives free car to veteran who needed it to get to workon February 16, 2020 at 10:20 pm
Van Zallee got the car from Cars 4 Heroes; they plan to give away more vehicles to local veterans and first responders.
- Student files lawsuit against Concordia Universityon February 16, 2020 at 6:16 pm
William Spaulding says he and other students would not have paid for the Spring 2020 semester had they known about the university's financial situation