Portland Area Local News
KGW - Local KGW Rss Feed
- Camping in the Cascade Mountain foothills | Grant's Getawayson August 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Grant McOmie visited Green Peter Lake in Linn County for a fishing and camping trip.
- Bridge Pedal and Stride; what routes to avoid this Sundayon August 12, 2022 at 9:11 pm
The annual Portland summer event is Sunday, Aug. 14, giving the community an opportunity to bike or walk across city bridges, including the Fremont Bridge.
- Drill rig tips over, pins operator near OHSU campuson August 12, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Portland Fire and Rescue said the extent of the heavy equipment operator's injuries were unknown.
- Man accused of assaulting woman just after hospital releaseon August 12, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Just after his release from an emergency center for mental health crises in NE Portland, 40-year-old Dwayne Simpson has been arraigned on assault charges.
- Grab the free shuttle to explore Washington Park | Let's Get Out Thereon August 12, 2022 at 4:27 pm
Less than two miles from downtown Portland, Washington Park is a great place to spend a few hours or the whole day.
- Cycle of Portland homeless camp cleanups leaves campers demoralized, neighbors frustratedon August 12, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Officials say they're balancing safety and campers' rights. The city doesn't clear sites that have less than eight tents and are clean, with no conspicuous drug use.
- 'Without the camera, we would've never known': Thief steals from woman's NE Portland apartment while she sleepson August 12, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last weekend, an intruder saw an unlocked door as an opportunity and took several valuables from the apartment as the woman living there slept through it.
- Clouds to sun, cooler, Friday & Saturdayon August 12, 2022 at 12:52 pm
90s return next week
- Tensions run high at Salem-Keizer School Board meetingon August 12, 2022 at 5:17 am
A recording of the board meeting documented attendees in the crowd beginning to shout at one speaker as a board member threatened to remove people who were shouting.
- Former Ducks quarterback's foundation invests in Oregon's future leaderson August 12, 2022 at 3:20 am
The four-year renewable scholarship relies and donations local businesses and community members. Applications open in November.
- 8 things to do in the Portland area this weekend | Aug. 12-14on August 12, 2022 at 2:42 am
There's plenty of variety to experience this weekend to keep you occupied — whether you're in Portland, across the river in Clark County or on the Oregon Coast.
- Oregon health officials give monkeypox updateon August 12, 2022 at 2:28 am
State health officials have declared an outbreak locally, and U.S. health officials declared a public health emergency last week over the nationwide outbreak.
- Thieves target Canadian softball team twice during visit to Portlandon August 12, 2022 at 2:20 am
Within two days, thieves stole a catalytic converter from the team's bus, then broke into the bus and stole personal belongings.
- Beaverton police seize 3,000 stolen catalytic converters; 14 suspects chargedon August 12, 2022 at 2:01 am
Beaverton Police Department detectives began an investigation into the trafficking of stolen catalytic converters in late 2021. The investigation is still ongoing.
- Firefighter killed while battling wildfire in Oregonon August 11, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Collin Hagan, 27, was working on the Big Swamp Fire near Oakridge.
- Michael Schill, president of the University of Oregon since 2015, leaving for Northwestern Universityon August 11, 2022 at 7:43 pm
An interim president will be appointed and discussions about an international search for the University of Oregon's next president will begin next month.
- More than 5,400 lightning strikes reported in Oregon, Washingtonon August 11, 2022 at 3:18 pm
The storm did not ignite any large fires, though it did start 92 small fires over a total of 123 acres mostly in Oregon.
- Missing woman's body found at landfill north of Corvallis, boyfriend arrestedon August 11, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Family members of Kaylee Birdzell, 27, reported her missing on Aug. 5. Days later, her body was found at the Coffin Butte Landfill.
- Police: One dead in Southeast Portland shootingon August 11, 2022 at 6:34 am
Portland police released few details in an initial statement, but confirmed that one person had been killed on Southeast Bush Street near Southeast 134th.
- Deputies call off search for possibly armed suspect in Beavertonon August 11, 2022 at 5:59 am
Residents who live near the intersection of Highway 26 and Northwest Murray Boulevard were asked to stay inside during the search.