Portland Area Local News
KGW - Local KGW Rss Feed
- Driver wanted after 2 ejected in NE Portland hit-and-run crashon July 22, 2021 at 6:49 am
Police said a driver appears to have pushed another car into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on crash that left two people with life-threatening injuries.
- 'It's this amazing sanctuary': Garden designed for those with sight loss celebrates 50 yearson July 22, 2021 at 6:39 am
The Gardens of Enchantment in Sandy aims to awaken all five senses, not just sight.
- A little warmer for Thursday, but staying niceon July 22, 2021 at 6:22 am
Your forecast from the KGW weather team, updated several times daily. This includes the outlook around Oregon and in Southwest Washington.
- KGW improving antenna and over-the-air signal. Here's how to rescan your TVon July 22, 2021 at 5:24 am
Get all the KGW and NBC shows you love for free
- Portland officer shoots man at convenience storeon July 22, 2021 at 4:11 am
The shooting happened at a convenience store Tuesday at around 9:52 p.m. No officers were hurt.
- Protesters tore down 3 statues of US presidents in Portland last year. What happened to them?on July 22, 2021 at 3:07 am
The statues of Washington, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are currently in storage to be assessed for damage. A review will help decide if they'll be put back.
- Father, 7-year-old daughter pronounced dead after being pulled from Sandy Riveron July 22, 2021 at 2:22 am
The girl was floating on the river when her floatie overturned. Her dad went in to save her. Others at the scene told police neither resurfaced.
- As COVID cases rise, it's unclear whether another mask mandate will be put in place in Oregon and Washingtonon July 22, 2021 at 2:21 am
As COVID-19 cases begin to rise again and the threat of the delta variant looms, many are asking if mask wearing will become mandatory again.
- How Oregon was represented at the NBA championship gameon July 22, 2021 at 1:54 am
Two former graduates of Oregon universities are with the Milwaukee Bucks organization; another was front and center on national TV.
- Missing Army lieutenant found dead in Mount St. Helens areaon July 22, 2021 at 1:07 am
Hikers found Lt. Brian Yang, 25, deceased after he apparently fell roughly 200 feet down a steep embankment.
- Oregon reports 421 new COVID cases, one more deathon July 21, 2021 at 10:58 pm
There has been a total of 213,730 known COVID-19 cases in the state since the start of the pandemic.
- Family who lost everything to Bootleg Fire setting out to keep hot spots from flaring upon July 21, 2021 at 10:58 pm
As of Wednesday afternoon, it had burned 394,407 acres, putting it in fourth place for the largest wildfires to ever burn in Oregon.
- Trees killed by bark beetles helping fuel wildfireson July 21, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Bark beetles have killed millions of trees, making it easier for wildfires to burn through dead wood.
- 32 years of Japanese language program at Portland elementary schoolon July 21, 2021 at 8:24 pm
The school's Japanese dual language immersion program started back in 1989.
- Man accused of shooting, killing 2 people at Salem bar arrested in Nevadaon July 21, 2021 at 8:03 pm
On July 19, police arrested Ramirez Monge in Tonopah, Nevada, with help from several law enforcement agencies.
- Campfires banned in Oregon state parks, state-managed forests east of I-5on July 21, 2021 at 7:43 pm
The campfire ban goes into effect Thursday, July 22, and will continue indefinitely.
- Lightning caused the Bootleg Fire in Southern Oregon. Here's what we knowon July 21, 2021 at 7:38 pm
The fire has become the largest in the U.S. this year, burning an area larger than the city of Los Angeles.
- Report: Apple leases office space in Beavertonon July 21, 2021 at 6:32 pm
In a second-quarter office market report on the Portland metro area, the real estate firm Colliers noted that Apple had leased 50,000 square feet at 3555 S.W. 153rd.
- 10 to Watch in Tokyo: Ryan Crouseron July 21, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Crouser is the defending gold medalist and world record holder in the shot put.
- Latest updates on wildfires burning in Oregon, Southern Washingtonon July 21, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Up-to-date information on the fires burning in Oregon and Southern Washington.