Portland Area Local News
KGW - Local KGW Rss Feed
- Staff at Portland nonprofit arrives to find their building smeared with feceson May 13, 2022 at 6:54 am
Mother + Child Education Center in Northeast Portland says this is part of an ongoing problem impacting safety for staff and guests.
- Madison South assault victim dies in the hospital, police say; suspect now in custodyon May 13, 2022 at 6:35 am
19-year-old victim Clyde Hunt was seriously injured in an assault, police said, dying weeks later in the hospital.
- Cold Friday morning, rainy and warmer Friday nighton May 13, 2022 at 6:14 am
Rain early Saturday & later Sunday
- Gresham mother killed two children and herself amid custody battle, police sayon May 13, 2022 at 4:48 am
Police said Ashley Palmer, 31, and her two children were found dead inside their home at the Rockwood Village Apartments during a welfare check Tuesday morning.
- 'I am terrified': Oregon families facing eviction, dangerous living conditions fight to stay off the streetson May 13, 2022 at 1:20 am
With rents climbing, a number of people in the Portland area are facing eviction and homelessness as they struggle to find affordable housing.
- Multnomah County urges public to wear masks indoors amid BA.2 waveon May 13, 2022 at 12:49 am
The recommendation comes as the BA.2 version of omicron sends cases and hospitalizations upward statewide.
- Providing education to preserve Oregon's wetlands | Let's Get Out Thereon May 13, 2022 at 12:29 am
A workshop at Clackamas Community College's Environmental Learning Center will teach field staff how to identify commonly occurring wetland plants in Oregon.
- Portland police: Security guard killed in May 6 shooting near South Waterfronton May 13, 2022 at 12:12 am
Police said Sircharles Marc Anthony Jones, 22, was shot and killed near the intersection of South River Parkway and South Moody Avenue on May 6.
- Homebuyer 'love letter' ban permanently blocked in Oregonon May 12, 2022 at 11:38 pm
U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez on Wednesday permanently blocked a ban on the personal messages some buyers write in an effort to sweeten their offers on homes.
- Portland State University commemorates 52-year anniversary of May 11 strikeon May 12, 2022 at 10:42 pm
Alumni and faculty unveiled a plaque on campus, where peaceful protesters clashed with riot police on May 11, 1970.
- These are the jobs in Oregon that were hardest to fill last yearon May 12, 2022 at 10:30 pm
The hard-to-fill roles included in-demand jobs at restaurants, hospitals, construction sites, retailers and other workplaces.
- 3 high school seniors in Oregon, SW Washington named 2022 US Presidential Scholarson May 12, 2022 at 8:40 pm
Jenny Duan from Jesuit High School, Kyler Ye-Cheng Wang from Lincoln High School and Kelso Cosgrove from Kelso High School were among the nation's 161 finalists.
- Police identify suspect vehicle in Oregon Right to Life break-inon May 12, 2022 at 4:21 pm
An anti-abortion organization's building was hit with Molotov cocktails after a leaked draft indicated the U.S. Supreme Court was poised to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- What's hot in Portland real estate? Mid-century modern homeson May 12, 2022 at 1:22 pm
"Buyers are taking a higher risk to own something special," said Portland's premier MCM realtor who says more are coming on market after original owners move on.
- A Swiss watch, now stolen, was priceless to this Happy Valley man. Here's whyon May 12, 2022 at 7:19 am
The owner is offering a reward for the rare Blancpain Swiss watch.
- Shooter in Southeast Portland found wounded, taken into custodyon May 12, 2022 at 6:53 am
Police arrived to find that the shooter that they'd been called about was down, suffering from a gunshot wound.
- Vancouver cancels Fourth of July fireworks, announces 'Summer Fest'on May 12, 2022 at 5:46 am
Instead of an Independence Day fireworks display, Vancouver will kick off an alternative series of events.
- Here's what we know about Portland's 2022 homicide victimson May 12, 2022 at 4:53 am
After a record-breaking year of homicides in 2021, the city is already on pace to surpass it in 2022.
- Southeast Portland homeless camp putting neighbors in danger, residents sayon May 12, 2022 at 4:27 am
Residents said the violence at a camp on Southeast 157th Avenue and Division Street is getting out of hand.
- Death of 13-year-old Milana Li ruled a homicide, Beaverton police sayon May 12, 2022 at 3:29 am
Milana Li was last seen at her apartment in the Murray Hill area around 4 p.m. Sunday. She was found dead in a park two days later.