Portland Area Local News
KGW - Local KGW Rss Feed
- Dry Saturday, rain and mountain snow Sundayon November 26, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Winter Storm watch begins Saturday night in the Cascades
- Portland nonprofit distributes three thousand $50 gift cards to help local businesseson November 26, 2022 at 7:47 am
The gift cards are each worth $50. The campaign aims to help participating local businesses bounce back from the pandemic.
- Portlanders take on Black, Green Friday after Thanksgivingon November 26, 2022 at 2:43 am
One is a consumer blitz of sales and shopping, while the other is a nudge toward enjoying Oregon’s great outdoors. Both can help work off a turkey dinner
- Joe Kent says he's raising money to pay for a potential WA-03 recounton November 26, 2022 at 2:29 am
In the race for Washington's 3rd Congressional District, Republican Joe Kent says he may pay for a recount, even if results don't meet the automatic .5% threshold.
- Oregon faces snow plow driver shortage heading into winteron November 26, 2022 at 2:28 am
ODOT has almost 40 vacancies for seasonal and permanent positions on its road maintenance team in the eastern part of the state.
- Upcoming storm will dump snow on the mountains, rain elsewhereon November 25, 2022 at 11:47 pm
Hoping for snowy Thanksgiving weekend? If you're in the mountains, you're in luck! In the valley, not so much — but next week is a possibility.
- Thanksgiving fire at SE Portland U-Haul caused by attempted gas theft, fire officials sayon November 25, 2022 at 10:21 pm
Portland Fire & Rescue said that someone was trying to siphon fuel from U-Haul trucks when the fire broke out. There are no known injuries.
- Many American drivers fail to properly use turn signals, study showson November 25, 2022 at 7:38 pm
One of the only comprehensive studies conducted on turn signal usage found that most American drivers don't use their blinkers.
- Portland police make arrest in one of two deadly shootings Wednesday nighton November 25, 2022 at 7:27 am
If both shootings are found to be homicides, that would bring the total number of homicides in Portland to 88. Last year’s total was 90.
- Shop Small Win Big campaign gives people incentive to buy localon November 24, 2022 at 7:19 pm
The campaign gives people opportunities to get raffle tickets runs and win prizes when they stop in or shop at a participating business through Dec. 11th.
- 'I drove to City Hall in tears': Salt & Straw considers moving its headquarters out-of-state due to crimeon November 24, 2022 at 5:31 pm
The CEO of Salt & Straw said she's been asking city leaders for years to address the crime, trash and danger in their Central Eastside neighborhood.
- Two dead in separate shootings in Portland within less than two hourson November 24, 2022 at 8:14 am
The fatal shootings each occurred late Wednesday night about an hour apart. The violence comes after multiple shootings over the weekend.
- Rene Gonzalez's campaign fine withdrawn by Portland auditoron November 24, 2022 at 6:33 am
The Portland City Auditor has reversed its determination that Rene Gonzalez’s city council campaign violated campaign finance limits.
- OSP says a human skull was found along I-5 near Keizeron November 24, 2022 at 5:56 am
Oregon State Police said that the skull was found inside of a small backpack. Investigators are still working to find out who the person could be.
- Armed robbery suspect dies in the hospital after police shooting in SE Portlandon November 24, 2022 at 5:49 am
Immanueal Jaquez Clark-Johnson, 30, died from a gunshot wound on Wednesday, according to the Portland Police Bureau.
- Thanksgiving dinner expected to be pricier this year, survey showson November 24, 2022 at 4:18 am
Turkeys are up $1.81 more per pound — a 21% increase from last year, according to the American Farm Bureau Federation.
- ODOT expects busy roads this Thanksgiving; travelers face high gas priceson November 24, 2022 at 3:44 am
AAA said gas has never been more expensive on Thanksgiving, though prices have been dropping.
- New coffee shop opens in Portland serving Mexican coffee and Japanese teaon November 24, 2022 at 3:41 am
The coffee shop, Electrica, is one of many businesses owned by Angel Medina and Republica and Company Hospitality Group. One other location will open next week.
- 'Feed the Community' event provides early Thanksgiving meal to those in needon November 24, 2022 at 2:45 am
The event took place at Trap Kitchen in Northwest Portland on Wednesday afternoon, a day before Thanksgiving.
- Law professor says high-capacity magazine ban in Measure 114 could be most vulnerableon November 24, 2022 at 2:33 am
There are a few different pieces to Measure 114, and a constitutional law professor we spoke to said it's possible that only part of it gets tossed out.