Portland Area Local News
- Police declare riot in Portland, arrest 16 people, including Demetria Hester, a survivor of the 2017 MAX train attackson August 10, 2020 at 9:22 pm
Hester, who had an altercation with Jeremy Christian the night before the fatal stabbings in 2017, is also one of the organizers of the Wall of Moms.
- Leaders of Black Lives Matter movement call Portland protests inspirationalon August 10, 2020 at 9:20 pm
Demetria Hester, a Black activist who was the target of a hate crime committed by self-described white nationalist Jeremy Christian, joined Monday's news conference.
- Rod on the Road: Multnomah Villageon August 10, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Rod visits 'the village in the heart of Portland' and meets the people that call it home.
- Oregon group paddles 187 miles on Willamette for river conservationon August 10, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Willamette Riverkeeper had to scale back its annual fundraiser during COVID-19, but still aims to raise $187,000 to protect the river.
- Multnomah County health officer calls weekend gathering at Portland waterfront 'concerning'on August 10, 2020 at 8:53 pm
Most of the people in attendance weren't wearing masks or social distancing.
- Oregon COVID-19 updates, Aug. 10: Health officials report 1 more death, 227 new cases of COVID-19on August 10, 2020 at 7:46 pm
As COVID-19 continues to impact Oregon and Southwest Washington, get the latest updates here.
- Man dies in NE Portland house fireon August 10, 2020 at 6:20 pm
The fire started in a home near NE 107th Avenue and Russell Court in Portland.
- Southeast Portland residents rally outside East Precinct to support police, call for an end to violenceon August 10, 2020 at 7:30 am
Earlier in the week, the East Precinct was the site of chaotic demonstrations where violence and confrontations with police and protesters played out.
- Crowds, illegal gear threaten Oregon's pristine Crater Lakeon August 10, 2020 at 4:03 am
The park was closed from March until June because of coronavirus, visitation has since exploded.
- Protesters pushed into Kenton neighborhood damage new outdoor plaza in business districton August 10, 2020 at 1:20 am
The plaza in North Portland was just created to help businesses expand capacity and draw in the community. Now part of it is burned up.