If there’s one thing we have in common, its opinions. Portland is no different except perhaps we are even more opinionated than most.
We read, we watch, we write, we caucus, celebrate and rise up as we see fit. As such, Portland has a great selection of mainstream and independent news sources, in all formats. From local Portland news published by and for each neighborhood, to popular TV and news radio stations, to the individual voices of bloggers.
Portland Neighborhood News
- The St. Johns Review is one of Portland’s oldest community newspapers, published on a bi-weekly basis since 1904.
- The St. Johns Sentinel covers St. Johns, Sauvie Island, Multnomah Channel, Linnton, and the Greater North Portland area (areas of the city of Portland West of Williams Avenue).
- The Multnomah Village Post contains local news and information for residents of Multnomah Village , Raleigh Hills, Garden Home, Vermont Hills, Burlingame , Hillsdale and John’s Landing neighborhoods.
- The Hollywood Star covers the northeast Portland neighborhoods.
- Serving Inner Southeast Portland since 1906, The Bee offers locally relevant news and human interest stories for the folks living in Southeast Portland.
- The SE Examiner covers Southeast Portland neighborhood news.
- North Tabor Newsletter – Editor: Candice Jordan, (503) 928-4655
- The Mid-County Memo covers the Gateway and Parkrose neighborhoods in the Mid-Multnomah County area of east Portland.
- The Asian Reporter “Where the East meets the Northwest!” A weekly focus on local and international news as well as book reviews, organizations and ‘Asia links’.
- East County News To bring a sense of identity to the citizens of East Multnomah County, report on news affecting our community, stimulate public debate and contribute to the free flow of ideas.
- Lifestyles Northwest is dedicated to the active and healthy lifestyles of our loyal readers. Each month, Lifestyles Northwest shares interesting, entertaining and educational news about people, places and events that shape lifestyles.
- Portland Tribune is Portland’s city newpaper, free to the public on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The Oregonian – Subscription, daily paper, viewed as the standard Oregon newspaper.
- The Portland Observer – Local news for Portland and surrounding communities, featuring an open look at local politics, opinion, news features and community interest stories.
- Willamette Week – A popular paper to read at your local coffee shop, the wweek is published weekly.
- Portland Mercury – Another fun and very popular weekly guide to entertainment, events, and culture in P-Town.
- Just Out Serving the LGBT Communities of Oregon and SW Washington since 1983, Just Out contains community news, culture, events and more.
- Portland Monthly magazine covers Portland arts, entertainment and dining.
- The Skanner is a weekly newspaper published in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington focused on advancing the cause of the Black Press in the North Western United States.
- Portland Business Journal contains relevant news about local business, finance, sales, business events, classifieds, and more.
- Portland Family Magazine – Mission: The family, no matter its shape or size, is a basic building block of society. Our goal is to be a resource for the growth of family life in the community. If we can somehow enhance or promote the family unit, we are achieving our goal.
- Street Roots – “For those who cannot afford free speech.” Mission: “We advocate for the homeless, passionately striving for justice, equality and freedom. Through a voice that can be heard, we raise social awareness, build community, and create unique career and income opportunities to help homeless people help themselves.”